2008年12月3日水曜日

Crime

I researched about crime between New Zealand and Japan last summer vacation. So I write that.
We think that New Zealand is safe country. So our wariness become to loose. I thought that yhe rate of crimes in New Zealand was less than Japan before I researched, because when I was watching news in New Zealand, I felt that news about crimes were less than Japan. But I found that there were many kind of crimes in New Zealand. For example, murders, robbers, violation, kidnap etc. The number of tourists who encountered with crimes is big.
In Kumamoto, I think that there are a lot of theif who steal bike or motorbike. I had been stolen two bikes before in Kumamoto. But in New Zealand, the number is less than Kumamoto, because people in New Zealand seldom ride a bike or bicycle. But crimes often occur in New Zealand. One day, my friend forget to close her shoulder bag in New Zealand. Then a man came near us. He told her to close her shoulder bag. She was very surprised. Perhaps in Japan, if a wpman keeps her bag open, nobody told her so. Therefore, a lot of robbery occur in New Zealand. Especially, a lot of crimes of violation happen nationally. Statistics of the police, occurence per 100 thousand people is as thirty two times as Japan. It is very serious. In Rotorua, Auckland, a lot of crimes of violation had happened. In willington, a school girl using a public toilet damaged of violation. In Auckland, a driver of a taxi forced a woman. The other case, a woman was recommended a drink from a man who met at a bar. The drink was contained chemical substance. Then the woman was forced and stealed her cards and cash. In Japan, a lot of crimes of violation happened too. We will never forgive them.
In Japan, crimes of drug are increasing rapidly. Especially young people who have drug are increasing. Recently we can buy drug easily. In New Zealand, a drug called "P" is a serious problem. Because of large quantity using, many people died. And murder involved with drug are increasing too. The rate of using drug in New Zealand is as twenty six times as Japan.
When I was walking street, I found many security camera in New Zealand. Then I searched about those. Those are called "CCTV". CCTV keep taking pictures all day in roads, parks, parking areas, building etc. These are installed by city hall, police, government and other public institution or private enter prise. In Japan, there are a lot of security camera too. But some people say it is invasion of privacy. Prevention of crimes is growing day by day.
Next, In New Zealand, there are many placards written " Caution car picking" or " Lock keys". I saw many times at many places. I found data about car picking in New Zealand. According to the questionnaire for 2500 driver, 18% of them encountered with car picking. In Kumamoto it is decreasing now. The rate of theif in New Zealand is as twice as Japan.
I went many places in New Zealand last summer. There were many beautiful places. Every thing were wonderful. People who I met in New Zealand were all very kind. So It is a pity that there are many crimes in New Zealand. I think that crimes can happen everywhere now. So we have to protect our life by ourselves.

0 件のコメント: